TERMS & CONDITIONS
Sew in Kent T/A Naomi Deru Bridal provides a service making custom designed garments to your instructions. You are contracting with us for our services.
1. The initial consultation for custom garments takes up to one hour and is £50. An estimated cost of servise and supplies will be supplied after this meeting.
2. We offer a number of different service levels, each with their own price point. We will discuss in full with you at your consultation which service best suits your needs and timescale.
3. Appointments for fittings etc once I begin work on a garment are included within the price quoted. Appointments will always take place in my premises.
4. There is no obligation on you to commission any work. Quotations stand for 90 days from the day of your consultation unless otherwise noted in the quote.
5. I will have no obligation to commence work on any item, including the ordering of any materials required, until I receive from you the requested deposit payment.
6. A non-refundable retainer shall be required before any work shall be undertaken on your behalf. This retainer will usually be 50% of the full value of the order (at my discretion), not including materials to be purchased on your behalf. Materials to be purchased on your behalf must be paid for in full before I order them.
7. Payment of the non-refundable dressmaking retainer will confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the quotation and contract. This is legally binding, so please ensure you read all documentation carefully to ensure no mistakes have been made.
1. Information made available to me at the time of quotation is the sole basis for the creation of the quotation, and the quotation is subject to change if there are any errors or omissions in this information.
2. Late changes to your instructions (i.e. once work has begun) will require extra work and so incur additional charges. Such additional work (and any other work which you instruct me to carry out other than that specified in this contract) will be charged at a rate of £20 per hour.
1. I will use my best endeavours to meet deadlines if you tell me about them at the initial consultation and provided you co-operate fully in terms of making decisions quickly and making yourself (or group) available for fittings. However, unless it is stated explicitly in the contract, time shall not be of the essence in performance.
2. If you have to cancel a fitting appointment, scheduling a replacement may be affected by other work commitments and may negate any deadline previously agreed. 48 hours’ notice must be given if cancelling appointments.
3. I shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God or other event beyond my reasonable control.
4. Acceptance of urgent work is at my discretion, and I will do it on a best endeavours basis. The work will attract a premium charge.
1. Cancellation of an order following payment of deposits will incur loss of deposits, together with charges for any patterns, fabrics, notions or other items purchased on behalf of the customer and any stock items used, at cost. All items purchased on behalf of the customer will be returned to the customer on payment of the fee, if the customer so wishes. No further work will be undertaken.
1.Measurements will be taken by Naomi Deru Dressmaking Services, after the quotation has been accepted and the contract agreed with the required deposit. The charge for this appointment is included in your total price. Appointments will be scheduled as appropriate.
2. Should the client be unable to attend fittings, measurements must be agreed in writing and the studio will make the garments to the measurements provided. The studio takes no responsibility if the garment(s) do not fit when based on the measurements provided by the clients.
3. Where a weight loss plan, pregnancy or illness/recovery is a factor, please let me know. Weight change programmes MUST stop when the fittings begin. Any major changes after this time will potentially mean your custom garment will no longer fit you at all - in this case you will be asked to pay for a replacement garment IN ADDITION to your original order.
4. For the purposes of measuring accurately, clients should be prepared to remove outer garments. Measuring over opaque tights and a close fitting t-shirt combined with a supportive bra is acceptable.
I see clients by appointment only.
1. You must bring to fitting appointments the underwear and shoes that you intend to wear with the completed garment. The fitting may not proceed otherwise, resulting in extra charges.
2. Appointments last approximately one hour per person / garment from the appointment time. Longer appointments may apply for the fitting of multiple garment orders and will be made as appropriate. Many fittings take under 30 minutes.
3. Please email at least 48 hours in advance to cancel appointments. Missed or late appointments will incur extra charges.
4. Under 18’s. A parent or guardian must remain with the child at all times. No extra children should be brought to be premises.
5. When fitting or measuring adults, only the client and myself are to be present. Accompanying persons will be asked to wait outside the premises. Please do not bring children to any fittings unless the fittings are for the child themselves. You will be asked to reschedule your fitting if you ignore this request.
PATTERNS & MATERIALS
1. Where you supply patterns or materials, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are fit for the intended purpose. I reserve the right to refuse to work with unsuitable materials, but am not liable for any problems incurring as a result of unsuitable materials being used, should the project proceed.
2. You should buy no less than the quantity of fabric specified on the pattern. Inadequate yardage will prejudice my ability to complete the garments as specified by the pattern. I will return any large pieces of excess material to you with your completed garment(s).
FITTINGS, COLLECTION & PAYMENT
1. Please respond to a request for fitting or collection within one week. I will start to charge you for storage at £2 per week per garment after two weeks as space is at a premium.
2. Payment in full is required before the garment(s) may be removed from my workroom.
3. Part payment of the balance may be required at fitting stage if an order is large, there is to be deferred completion or I have difficulty contacting you for a fitting. Large in this context means the contract is of a value of £400 or more.
4. Payment is accepted by one or a combination of the following means: Cash and/or Bank Transfer (with the reference Naomi Deru Dressmaking)
5. All payments are non-refundable or transferable.
6. The hem length will be decided at the final fitting before completion. The client is advised to wear the shoes they wish to wear with the outfit at this fitting, as changes cannot be made once the hem length is agreed on. Upon collection the client will try on the garment to ensure the fit is correct. Any requests for minor alterations must be made known as soon as possible, as once the garment and final payment have been exchanged, any further work will come at an additional cost and be completed only when and if possible, this includes defects incurred as a result of ‘wear and tear’.
7. Upon collection and payment in full, you should confirm that the garment(s) are as ordered and be prepared to try the garment(s) on one final time. If for any reason you are unable to try the garment on when collecting it, you must notify me within 3 working days of collection of any alleged defect or failure to comply with instructions, or it shall be deemed that the garment(s) have been made in accordance with your instructions, are free from any defect and that you have accepted them. All other warranties, whether express or implied, by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. If any tailor, dressmaker or 3rd party company or personnel handles or makes additional alterations/amendments to any Naomi Deru dress will result in a breach of contract and any refund or alteration will be null and void.
9. In the event of any breach of contract, your remedies shall be limited to damages and the quantum of damages for any breach shall be limited to the price of the garment(s) made by me and, if not included in the price, the cost of reasonably equivalent materials (excluding delivery charges). Such Contract between us shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the United Kingdom and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Any cause of action of the Customer with respect to services ordered from Naomi Deru, trading as Naomi Deru Dressmaking Services, must be instituted within six (6) months after any purchase or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in the terms and conditions as provided in this document. The language used herein shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in the United Kingdom and the Customer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and the Customer consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect to the extent that anything in or associated with Naomi Deru, trading as Naomi Deru Dressmaking Services, is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence and any representations which may have been made explicitly do not form a part of the contract nor have they induced you to enter into it. Failure of Naomi Deru, trading as Naomi Deru Dressmaking Services, to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver as such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Nothing in this contract should be deemed to remove any of your statutory rights as a consumer.